Last Updated on November 18, 2021 by Ben Lesser
While the treatment program study related to addiction and Dual Diagnosis is currently emerging, it is widely agreed that habit consists of physical and mental dependency, material in how the body is used to a psychoactive substance, and cognitive that drug-seeking behavior and taking the drugs despite knowing they are dangerous.
Even Though Various Recovery Systems Like Dual Diagnosis or Treatment Program Use Multiple Methods and Techniques, the Majority of Which Provide the Following:
- Detoxification. Under certain situations of Dual Diagnosis or treatment program, drugs can be used to manage the withdrawal’s possibly harmful side effects(, for example, the use of methadone to cure opioid withdrawal illnesses.
- Treatment Program to Get Things Running Smoothly. It’s critical to have a plan in place once you have detoxed to ensure you stay abstinent and may or may not include the application of a medicinal treatment program or Dual Diagnosis.
- Counseling is an Essential Part of the Treatment Program or Dual Diagnosis Process. Individual and group counseling are both types of maintenance therapy of Dual Diagnosis aimed at addressing drug addiction’s mental and emotional elements, like the underlying causes that arise from one’s past experiences.
- Complementary Therapy. Massage, breathing exercises, art classes, and homeopathy are examples of additional and complementary treatments programs of Dual Diagnosis centers that different programs may offer.
- Treatment Program with Follow-Up. Dual Diagnosis, Treatment and care after the rehabilitation process is completed, which can involve staying in sober housing conditions, holding counseling services which can include client and community meetings, and keeping connected with a mentor or psychologist of Dual Diagnosis at least once a week, is an essential aspect of recovery process of a treatment program or Dual Diagnosis to better avoid addiction after a standardized treatment program finish.
The most important aspect of an effective therapy plan of a treatment program or Dual Diagnosis is that it offers a stable, drug-free atmosphere that is solely focused on short-term and long-term rehabilitation.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, higher relapse rates are a harsh fact in addiction therapy in the process of a treatment program like Dual Diagnosis. Drug addicts have a relapse rate of 40 percent to 60 percent, close to relapse rates with other serious diseases, including diabetes, obesity, and hypertension. Then the question arises that why are not recovery services uniformly more successful, with these high relapse rates?
There is a question, a well-asked question. If this question is answered correctly, it could save the future and can save a life. The question is, “do we need to seek medical or Dual Diagnosis treatment program help if we have a mental disorder?”
So, we are here to find the most appropriate answer to the very question about treatment program like Dual Diagnosis. Still, before that, we need to check some facts and figures related to the disorder. As you know, there is nothing more important than health. Mental health can mean a lot for you. To some physicians, mental health is more critical than physical health. Having a physical illness or even disability cannot stop you from getting a future according to your future needs like job, money, occupation, desired family, relationships, enjoying tours, and even earning popularity. On the other hand, if you are physically fit and have a treatment program mental disorder or Dual Diagnosis, all of the above can go away from you.
WHO released some facts and figures relating to mental disorders. WHO says these listed disorders including Schizophrenia Disorder, Alcohol Addiction, Depression, Bipolar Disorder are the primary conditions that cause inability and even end of life across the world. So it is necessary to have Dual Diagnosis treatment programs.
Despite the danger lying ahead because of mental disorders, including drug abuse, isolation, unemployment for a long time, the break-up of relationships, self-destruction, and other related causes, they do not get the help or Dual Diagnosis treatment program they need. However, they need to seek a psychiatric diagnosis or a Dual Diagnosis treatment program, which can save them from the future dangerous and harmful effects. Often, anxiety, rejection, and other related conditions do not allow patients who are currently suffering from mental illnesses to seek help or Dual Diagnosis from a psychiatrist.
But receiving a medical remedy for a psychiatric disorder is an essential part of the treatment program as receiving a cure for other ailments like cancer, diabetes, fever, high B.P., etc. As mentioned above, “Mental health can mean a lot for you. To some physicians, mental health is more critical than physical health. Having a physical illness or even disability can not stop you from getting a future according to your future needs like job, money, occupation, desired family, relationships, enjoying tours, and even earning popularity.
On the other hand, if you are physically fit and have a mental disorder, all of the above can go away from you.” So, being concerned about your mental health and get treatment program are need for the hour. You need to seek help from a psychiatrist, followed by proper strategies, rules, and guidance.
What treatment program do I need in order to be able to overcome the drug addiction which is hazardous to both mental and physical health, and how do I get to an appropriate treatment facility according to my illness? Drug addiction is not only affecting your mental health but creates a physical dependency too.
During treatment program or Dual Diagnosis, a smiling patient stands up and tells her troubles.
Treatment Program Such as Drug Rehab Services, According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), are Highly Successful:
- The degree and nature of complications that a recovered person is dealing with are more in focus in these facilities. The professionals are trying to record the symptoms of addictions and mental health issues even after the treatment program like the rehabilitation process is completed. Is there a co-occurring psychological health condition complicating the drug user’s recovery?
- The sufferer’s continuity with the care and support facilities proves a healthy relationship. Were the programs given appropriately suited to the patient’s needs? And did they perform well enough?
- The recovery patient’s interaction with the professionals. Has the treatment program been caring and confident? Is the patient satisfied with how he was allowed to treat?
National Institute on Drug Abuse correctly points out that reversal is not the same as loss. Since addiction is a lifelong condition, one form of comprehensive detox therapy would not always be successful in any situation. Studies on treatment program say relapse indicates the need to restart an ongoing recovery process, change it if needed, or start a new one.
While opioid treatment programs results are worthy of investigation, particularly to the degree that they can theoretically aid in improving rehabilitation programs, previous in-depth research tends to be in short supply. Much of the cause is that “achievement” in the sense of therapy is challenging to measure. The most comprehensive trials will have to be performed for several years to track staying sober effects reliably. Even after decades of withdrawal, a relapse may occur; will this be deemed a triumph or disappointment?
Because there is limited research on drug treatment outcomes and treatment program, it is important to seek out any information that can be found. According to a 2002-2003 study conducted by the University of Memphis’ Institute for Substance Abuse Treatment Evaluation, it is likely that the health of Tennessee’s residents is better when substances are not available. Almost 2,000 participants in Tennessee who had received alcohol and other drug treatment participated in the survey.
The Research Turned up Some Interesting Highlights, Which Are Indicative of General Treatment Program Effectiveness:
- After six months, 66.2 percent of respondents were still abstinent, according to the survey
- Participants who were in treatment for 91 to 180 days had a 71.6 percent abstinence rate; those who were in treatment for 91 to 180 days had a rate of abstinence of 74.8 percent
- Among the participants who completed the treatment program, the unemployment rate dropped from 60.6 to 36.4 percent, and their quality of life improved
- At the six-month mark since treatment program began, only 11 percent of participants had been rearrested, compared with 50 percent before treatment
- Nearly 70 percent of patients rated treatment as “very helpful” and about 22 percent as “somewhat helpful”
NIDA also found substance abuse treatment to be effective, as did the Institute for Substance Abuse Treatment Evaluation.
Specific Ways in Which Substance Abusers Benefit from Treatment Include:
- Physically better
- Improved relationships
- Better living standards
- Fewer criminal acts
- Increased employability
According to NAMI, an alliance of different institutes related to mental health and dual diagnosis treatment program in America, “treatment for mental health complications with specific strategies followed is beneficial against chronic and temporary disorders. These strategies vary from institution to institution but are blended therapy, psychiatric medication, and social support. This combination of different techniques of treatment program has helped up to 90 per cent of victims facing mental disorders in the USA who can live a more pleasant and long-lasting life.
You can avail a lot of medication choices of treatment program if you are sober about curing your mental illness and disorders. Counselling at the individual level, groups based on self-help, pharmaceutical treatment, and family remedy can help you too, helping many others struggling with chronic symptoms with mental disorders. Sympathetic specialists can help you to get over the severe symptoms of mental disorders. These professionals are cross-trained only to assist patients with signs of mental illness. They cure chronic mental diseases and help you eliminate substance abuse like alcohol addiction or drug addiction with very little time spent on you. The whole process can go privately if you desire.
The first step to the mission of rehabilitation is to choose the right treatment program. These treatment centers for addiction make this FRN give sufficiently combined treatment for psychiatric disorders and substance addiction.
Obtain Assistance Immediately
Selection of the best rehabilitation treatment program is the primary step in your route to healing. The dual diagnosis centres for the rehabilitation of addiction that make up the FRN offer fully integrated treatment for mental illness and substance abuse. At our hospitals in Tennessee and California, we deliver care at home and clinical therapy to people with Dual Diagnoses. Our mission is to provide you with the help you need to have a healthy recovery for the rest of your life.
So, here come the Dual Diagnosis Centers into the play. These Centers administer mental illness and addiction symptoms simultaneously with appropriate manners and treat them after the complete and actual symptoms are diagnosed fully.
The professionals are trained efficiently to diagnose and treat such complex cases every day. To measure the exact cause of the symptoms, professionals at these centres are prepared to make the victims open up about mental illness and drug addiction habits. This process of treatment program helps to treat further. If the patients open up about the symptoms’ causes, they may start providing further treatment information. They achieve this goal by cooperatively treating individuals, and they offer a safe and supportive environment for the victims. This is what they need after facing so much isolation and solitude.
This treatment style of treatment program has helped hundreds of thousands of victims go against complex mental disorders. They engage the victims and make them a part of their own life. Hence, we can say that “the best treatment program for these types of complex disorders is to treat victims like we treat our family, and our family does not hide things from us if they believe in us.” The same is the case with the victims living with any other mental disorder to be treated.
Getting Assistance Today
As addiction can be treated, if you or a loved one suffers from addiction or substance abuse, then rehab treatment at a comprehensive rehab center can assist them in achieving a full recovery. Get in touch with us today, and we will connect you with a comprehensive rehab program to help you get quality treatment program. Call now.
Ben Lesser is one of the most sought-after experts in health, fitness and medicine. His articles impress with unique research work as well as field-tested skills. He is a freelance medical writer specializing in creating content to improve public awareness of health topics. We are honored to have Ben writing exclusively for Dualdiagnosis.org.